Madison Art Association was organized in 1901
1927, membership was 150. C.F. Gillen was president in 1927 and its meetings were held at 619 North Frances St. Madison, WI.
1964, Madison Art Association went from a voluntary art orgaization with no permanent residence to hiring its first full time director and moved into a vacant grade school, Lincoln School on East Gorham Street and donations were made to start its permanent collection.
1969, the art association was reincorporated as the Madison Art Center with a focus on contemporary art.
2003, Madison Art Center changed its name to the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA)
2006, MMoCA moved into its new and current facility at 227 State Street, Madison, WI.