1910, the Milwaukee Journal began encouraging the arts by giving awards to Wisconsin artists participating in local exhibitions.
1913, the M.J. began awarding a purchase award at the Wisconsin Painters & Sculptors annual exhibition.
1924, a gallery was opened in the Milwaukee Journal's new building on 4th & State Street.
1924-1931, the Milwaukee Journal Gallery of Wisconsin Art organized changing exhibitions all year long and over the seven year span had twenty-nine exhibitions. Its purpose was to exhibit and promote the sale of Wisconsin art.
1982, Reflections on the Milwaukee Journal Gallery of Wisconsin Art exhibition curated by Jane Brite at the Milwaukee art Museum