Milwaukee, Wisconsin Potter
Brother of Frederick, Charles and Christian (A.K.A.Christopher) Hermann
Uncle of Albert Herrman (A.k.a. Hermann or Herman) and Louis M. Pierron
Pottery Business History
1848-1884, Frederick Herrman opened a pottery on Market Street, Milwauke, Wisconsin
1850-1857, Herrman Brother's Pottery on Johnson Street, Milwaukee, WI was operated jointly by
Frederick and his three brothers Samuel and Christopher and another brother Christian Hermann also
worked with them from 1850-1856 The stoneware pieces created in their factory were not marked.
1857, Samuel and Christian (aka Christopher) left Herrman Brother's Pottery
1857-1960, Samuel operated a small pottery on 15th and Cherry Streets, Milwaukee.
1860, Samuel Hermann died of consumption.
1857-1886, Charles ran C. Hermann & Co., Milwaukee
1882, Louis Pierron, Charles's stepson became a partner at C. Hermann & Co., Milwaukee and the Company
name was changed to Chas Hermann Stoneware Factory
1886- Louis Pierron became sole owner of Chas Hermann Stoneware Factory
1887-1915, Albert Herrman took over Herrman Brother's Pottery in Milwaukee for his father, Frederick
1892, Charles Hermann died September 23, 1892.